Wednesday, April 02, 2003

I love school, but much like marriage, I'm not always captivated by it because it is hard work. This semester, however, I have a great class that is reshaping my thoughts about ministry. It has folded and beat down and molded my perception, and that is a good thing. Instead of thinking about running a church, I think about what the word pastor really entails.

Does a pastor get up and leave a flock because he is bored?
Does a pastor abandon the flock he has been charged with because he feels like doing something else?
Does a pstor ignore the sheep because he is busy in the office?

All valid questions that are making me think about the way we do church. This has been a good semester. I've been challenged; I've been stretched; I'm being changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home