Friday, July 16, 2004

"God put you in my way. I have no choice."
 
I  just finished watching a movie, "The Four Feathers."  I won't get into a review of it, there are plenty on the net.  What I want to reflect on is the quote above.  In the movie a Muslim man, Abou, finds a half-dead British man, Harry, unconscious in the Sudanese desert.  He eventually tells the Brit that he is helping him because God put in his way.  The two ultimately become friends, but because God fated their meeting, Abou spends most of the movie covering Harry's backside.
 
While i don't believe in fate, I think my pastor hit the nail on the head this week when he said that God is more active in the world than we think.  I firmly believe God tests us in our circumstance, and how we respond speaks volumes to our character.  As an example, let me tell you about Travon.  I met Travon tonight.  He offered to wash my windows when I pulled into Taco Cabana.  I let him wash my windows and chatted with him a while.  I found out today is Travon's birthday and that he can usually be found at Taco Cabana late night.  I can't help but wonder if God put him in my way for a reason, so I have a choice to make.  I think I'm going to go with the I can't help it, God put him in my way attitude, and I think the church as whole needs to realize God does put people in our way, not for us to push to the side, but for us to minister Christ's love to them.
 
Look around.  Who has God put in your way?
 
----Note----
I edited the title because I re watched the movie, and I wanted to get the quote right.
 
Toby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home