Thursday, December 02, 2004

Considering A Church Plant...
A few of my classmates and I are considering planting a church. We don't know what it will look like, or even if we will do it, but we have been playing with the idea for a few days. Add to that the fact that we are all taking the same church planting class next semester and have a desire to "do church" in a different way, and I think he seed may be well planted. I've been tossing the idea around and the idea of naming a church "The Pub" struck me. Here's what I put on paper so I won't forget:
. . . a church based on the concept of the pub; a place for community to gather and relax, celebrate, create, argue, conduct business, and fellowship.
I'm envisioning a place with the atmosphere of a pub with games, food, drink (non-alcoholic for all of the pseudo-puritans in Texas) where people gather to talk about the Kingdom of God. And rather than a I preach you accept it and go home service, after the teaching, the community discusses/critiques the teaching. I see a place where community struggles with the scripture together. Just thinking right now though. I'd appreciate thoughts and comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home