Wednesday, August 25, 2004

In Our New Home
The move has come and gone, and it was eventful, and stressful, and joyous... A virtual cacophany of emotion. Let me explain.
My weekend consisted of 2 round trips and 1 one-way trip to Abilene from Waco (190 miles each leg). Sandwiched in between was my ordination service Sunday night. Why all the drama and stress?
Well, first off my car has transmission issues, so we had a friend who had offered to follow us to Abilene on Monday to make sure we made it and help set up beds etc. I borrowed my mother-in-laws van on Friday and brought a load to Abilene and attended an orientation for seminary. I got home around 930 friday night. Saturday, we finished loading the trailer and reloaded the van. When Chris arrived to pull the trailer, it was too heavy up front, and had to be repacked because the weight pushed Chris' truck down on it's axels. By the time we got to Abilene, unloaded, drove to Clyde and picked up a bunk bed for my oldest, unloaded, ate dinner and returned home, it was early Sunday morning. After a few short hours of sleep, we went to church. After church, we went to the house to get my car so we could return the car we had borrowed for the week. My car wouldn't start. The battery was stone dead. I pulled the baterry and went to Walmart for a replacement. Then we went to my mother-in-laws for lunch, and then back to the house to help my bro-in-law move and clean and install the battery. By the time we got to the house it was after 2 and I had to be at the church at 430 for my ordination council. I popped the battery in and... the car wouldn't start. Pat, the man who offered to follow us to Abilene, came over to help me find the short. No Luck. At 415, I was filthy and needed to get to the church and my car was broke. I hopped in pat's car, drove to the church, changed and deodorized in the bathroom, and barely made it to my ordination council. I was a little stressed.
The ord. Council went well, but one of my profs missed because he had double booked for the evening. The message/charge was delivered by Don Vanderslice, the pastor of Mosaic Austin, and it was fantastic. He explained why missionality is important to semi-traditional church, and he wow-ed them. Everyone was into it. I'll blog about the particulars because it is worthy of a good look. That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home