Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I finished reading The Moviegoer today. I had to read it for school, but I'l reread it this summer for personal pleasure. It is a remarkable book philosophically. It is largely about the search for reasons to exist and behave in a "civil" manner, but that is not what I enjoyed most. The central character, Binx, loathes "everydayness," the normal state of existence for most people (get married, go to work, breathe...).In the end, Binx succumbs to the "everydayness," and it made me think. I like "everydayness." There is nothing that makes me feel more alive than seeing joy in my children. I live for the excited shouts of "daddy!" when I get home from work or school. I remeber the days of living for the moment, and there is still some of that, but I prefer everydayness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home