Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Too Much Emotion...
 
I'm in confession mode at the moment, and feeling a little too much emotion.  This probably isn't a good time to blog, but it is a great time to ask for prayer.  My family is feeling the financial pinch caused by my stepping down from management so we could prepare for the move to Abilene.  money is beyond tight, and I'm at the point where I don't know how we are going to be able to move, where we are going to move to, how I'm coming up with this months rent, how to continue to be calm...  I hold to the words "Be anxious in nothing," but I'm struggling with anxiety now.  The rest of the thought in that verse is to present your requests before God with thanksgiving, prayer and supplication so here goes...
God,
I may be asking too much, but Lord please grant me peace concerning the move to Abilene.  I ask that You over and provide for my family.  Lord, provide us a job, a home, and a place to worship.  Lord, please light the path clearly so I can know I'm walking the right road.  And Lord, touch my wife and take away the fear and anxiety she is feeling now.  I know she needs an extra helping of Your peace today.  Please give it to her.  And finally, cover my children.  Lord, immunize them from the stress and strain of this situation.  Let them be children, unaffected by the pressures my wife and I are feeling.  Help us Lord to rest in You and let you share our burden.  You are a wonderful God, and have proven Yourself faithful to us over and again.  Thank You for all of Your provision, and the opportunity to serve.
Amen.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home